[Web4lib] new book list script

Ben Haines bhaines at forestparkpubliclibrary.org
Wed May 16 17:56:50 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Has anyone written a script for generating an HTML book list (with title, author, cover image, etc.) based on a list of ISBNs? I get a list of ISBNs for our new books every month, and I'd like to be able to automagically turn that into a "New Books" page on our web site. It seems like you should be able to scrape the results of an ISBN query (to the OPAC, or Amazon, etc.) and turn it into a list--like the ones you see in blog sidebars sometimes. I don't know enough programming to create such a thing from scratch. However, I think I can probably manage to modify an existing script to work with our particular situation. I did some web searching, and came up empty, so I thought I'd ask here. Any ideas, or can anyone point me to a good resource?  I'm willing to put in some learning time, if I know where to start.

Thanks,

- Ben

--
Ben Haines