[Web4lib] Interesting Web/Library 2.0 data (wasparticpationSkillsfor Library 2.0 Leaders)

Casey Bisson cbisson at plymouth.edu
Tue May 8 11:57:13 EDT 2007

>> Why are undergraduate students the core audience?
>> they also conduct the least amount of intensive research, are less
>> enthusiastic about research, and are less connected  to the
>> academic community.
>
> Well, not only are undergraduate students the largest group of
> users at virtually all academic libraries, but at the large number
> of academic libraries that are not at doctoral degree granting
> institutions, they are effectively the sole user group.

And, like it or not, it's from those undergrads that tomorrow's
teachers will come.

Then we have to ask ourselves: will they direct their students to the
library...will they support continued funding for the library?

Casey Bisson

Information Architect
Plymouth State University
Plymouth, New Hampshire