[Web4lib] Interesting Web/Library 2.0 data (wasparticpationSkills for Library 2.0 Leaders)

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:28:20 EDT 2007

Dan et al,

No, it's not my contribution. I've seen it a number of times in the
literature.

One claimed originator is William Hill, research done at Bell
Communications, as reported by Jakob Nielsen in his Alertbox for October 9,
2006 ("Participation Inequality: Encouraging More Users to Contribute,"
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participation_inequality.html). Note that
90:9:1 is a relatively mild version of the participation inequality ratio;
others are much more severe, as noted in that article.

-walt crawford-