[Web4lib] Downloadable movies

brazic at myuw.net brazic at myuw.net
Thu May 3 22:32:55 EDT 2007

We've been offering downloadable movies from Overdrive for a couple of months

http://overdrive-audio-books.sno-isle.org/FBA6921F-8197-4875-94D9-84268C775824/10/261/en/Default.htm

So far we haven't had any glitches at all. Users can have 10 downloads from Overdrive checked out at one time -- this includes a mix of movies, music and books. The only problem is that they can't be returned until they expire -- for heavy users this is a problem.

The title selection is OK. It sounds like the selection will be improving.

Overdrive has been great to work with. They are one of the few vendors that gave us an access page with some branding -- used our colors and let us review the pages before we launched.

We are happy with the service and so are our patrons. With DVD theft being such a persistent problem, we look forward to this service expanding greatly over the next few years.

We also have streaming video http://www.sno-isle.org/page/?ID=2849 from Alexander Street Press. Again, limited selection but promise of good things to come.

Colleen Brazil
Content Access Manager
Sno-Isle Libraries