[Web4lib] Delicious

Greg Sennema gsennema at wlu.ca
Thu May 3 22:20:35 EDT 2007

We are in the process of learning the pros and cons of using our own
install of bookmarking software, the biggest con being taking the
"social" aspect out of it.  Nonetheless we installed scuttle
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/scuttle/), see example at
http://library.wlu.ca/bookmarks/tags.php/communication%20studies (and
a feed off this page, http://libserve.wlu.ca/subject/comm/icomm1.html).

Our current test is to see how this can work as a staff tool; other
thoughts are to open it right up, but for now, we are just playing.

greg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg Sennema / electronic services librarian
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
75 University Ave. W. Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5
(p) 519-884-0710 x.2812
(f) 519-884-8023
(e) gsennema at wlu.ca
http://library.wlu.ca/blogs/gsennema/

>>> "Bill Teschek" <bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us> 5/3/2007 12:58:01 PM

I'm thinking of using del.icio.us for a list of reference-type links on
our
website. I'd like to see examples of other libraries who are doing
this.
Anyone?

Bill Teschek
bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us