[Web4lib] Interesting Web/Library 2.0 data (was particpation Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders)

Mark Costa markrcosta at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:16:10 EDT 2007

I would have to say that for Youtube and Flickr, they generate a tremendous
number of visits because people can imbed the image/video on another site.
That's a good way to drive non-contributory traffic to a site and skew the
ratio.

I am also interested to hear more about the Wikipedia statistics. I would
love to see the full contribution diagram, just to see if the Pareto
Principle holds even remotely true. Do 80% of their posts come from the top
20% of their users, with maybe the top 5% of users accounting for 70-75% of
the posts?