[Web4lib] Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed May 2 22:30:54 EDT 2007

   From: "David Kemper" <siansleep at gmail.com>
   To: Web4lib at webjunction.org
   Subject: Re: [Web4lib] Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders

   >It's important to take a risk, albeit a calculated one, when
   >considering these technologies, I think.

And the major cause of the lack of technological advancements is unwillingness to take a risk.  No one makes progress without taking a risk, but that necessarily means that some failures will occur.  There are still all too many librarians, and particularly those who control the dollars it takes to develop and implement change.  Perhaps in the next generation or two of librarians that will be overcome.

Show Up, Suit Up, Shut Up, and Follow Directions
dan at riverofdata.com
Dan Lester, Boise, Idaho, USA