[Web4lib] Use of social bookmarking sites (WebVoyage-specifichack)

Dobbs, Aaron AWDobbs at ship.edu
Wed May 2 18:46:52 EDT 2007

Hi Bill,

I'm not aware of any Aleph customers at EndUser -- the conference was
full of "formerly Endeavor product" (read: Voyager) customers.  There
were, however, lots of Ex Libris product demonstrations on how Voyager
can be integrated with the other Ex Libris product lines.  :)

I believe this is general information now, so I'll share for those Ex
Librisians (Ex Librans?) who may not yet know; the EndUser group is in
the final stages of probably merging with ExLibris' ELUNA and IGeLU
groups.

I have no idea about the inner workings of Aleph, but if you can get
Aleph to put out a live link in the "Post to del.icio.us" URL format of:

[a href="http://del.icio.us/post?v=4;url=[Persistent link to
record];title=[245$a 245$c];"]del.icio.us[/a]
Aleph users should be able to do the same thing.

Heck, I guess that goes for any vendor's OPAC software.

-Aaron
:-)'