[Web4lib] city swallows library website

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Wed May 2 13:52:02 EDT 2007

Greetings Felicia,

Your comments certainly validate the problem.  People

who spent years getting an advanced degree focus on cleaning

and re-labeling.  I have no issues with cleaning -  I have

happily pitched in with custodians.  I do want us

to focus on advancing the profession and selling services beyond

busywork.

When faced with the same complaints you make about the design

of your library, I raised  $2million to renovate. Architect Chris Placco

and I worked very hard on the design.

This is a 13000 sf facility with no basement and no stairs.

>From a functional staffing and security standpoint, it works very well:

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/second/floorplan.pdf

Working on a website does not mean that you can't multitask.

I am working on a website right now, and was interrupted by

your e-mail. :-) You may not be able to clean at the same time, but I think
it

is probably more efficient to multi-task since many problems that are

solved are not done in the moment, but as the possibilities

are reflected upon.

Robert L. Balliot

1-401-421-5763

Skype: RBalliot