[Web4lib] Spidering speed

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:18:15 EDT 2007

You'll probably find them mixed. I would hope that they could handle
the slightly extra load in case patrons actually decide to use it.
However I guess it depends on whether your threading multiple requests
to the same opac. I've done various experiments with ours and never
noticed a decrease in performance. There is also z39 and xml running
on the same server which doesn't seem to hinder the performance. Ours
could probably take more then a single hit but I know there are
other's that would probably crash and burn under any load.

The library can always opt-out of the widgets at a later time if they
notice adverse affects, right?

Ryan Eby