[Web4lib] website redesign

Raumin "Ray" Dehghan infoscience1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:37:33 EDT 2007

Dear Weblib folks:

   I am an Adult Services Librarian for a small/midsized suburban Chicago
public library who is assisting with website maintenance.  I have also been
having discussions with my manager and IT professional about the design of
the site and am considering making suggestions to redesign our website.

   Some examples of improvements we have discussed are making the database
access and account logins more prominent, and just making it less busy in
general.  After reflecting on these discussions, I'm really wondering
whether a redesign is actually what is needed.

I have considered talking with local libraries regarding borrowing ideas,
etc. - utilizing/borrowing templates from web editors, etc.

   Our website URL is http://www.westchicago.lib.il.us/.

  I would be new to such a daunting task as this - any assistance whatsoever
with this process I am considering suggesting would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Raumin "Ray" Dehghan
Adult Services Librarian