[Web4lib] Libraries using a third party web hosting service

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Wed Mar 28 08:23:51 EST 2007

For my library Job-site I've been using bluehost.com and they've been
fantastic so far.  Their technical support is awesome, never had to
wait for a response, and all problems were resolved very quickly.   I
feel, regardless of what choice you make, support really should be
your top priority as it can make all the difference.  The management
is very open and honest about difficulties that the company is
encountering and what they're doing to resolve any issues, they've
been growing very fast but seem to have been scaling very well.

It is shared hosting and I don't know what you're bandwidth needs
are.  My site gets relatively little traffic, between 250-330
visitors daily. Although I'm nowhere near my bandwidth limitations.

Another feature you might find useful is that they have automatic
installers for a lot of the services you've mentioned being
interested in  (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)

The website is: www.bluehost.com

Thanks,
Will