[Web4lib] Ineternet Explorer 7 security settings override

Lynne Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Sat Mar 24 11:35:41 EST 2007

Howdy, folks!
I know the answer to this is probably obvious but I can't see it for
looking too hard.

Has anyone figured out how to override the security settings in IE7 so
you can go where you want to go? Without turning ALL of them off
completely? Not to mention that when you change the default security
settings it has that annoying little bar whining at you about changing
them back & you can't shut it off.  Answers I do NOT want to hear, thank
you: 1-use Firefox (sometimes I can't); 2-shut off everything

Here's my examples:
Trying to go to the secure side of www.bluetooth.com IE7 says there's
something wrong with the certificate. Click on go there anyway, install
the certificate, it still won't go there. I've installed the security
certificate 3 or 4 times now & still can't get to the site. It won't go
past the certificate thing.

www.time.gov - US Government site (not that that is any guarantee of
security, but still!) IE7 says the publisher is not trusted; so I go to
the publisher tab in the security settings to tell it that indeed I do
trust that publisher, but no publisher is listed. So I can't check the
time, for crying out loud. I did update the Java etc & still could not
get thru, because IE7 doesn't like Uncle Sam.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Lynne

--
L. E. Puckett