[Web4lib] Moodle and libraries

Joelle ANGELOZ Joelle.Angeloz at ses.unige.ch
Fri Mar 16 02:55:28 EST 2007

Hello,
At the University of Geneva, our library developped a course on information
literacy for all of the students in social and economical sciences. It is
called CALIS (Computer-Assisted Learning for Information Searching)  and
uses Moodle. Some of the pages were created in html but are completed with
the features of Moodle : Quizz, QCM-MCQ, forum...
We offer: theory, ressources, demo, exercices, auto-evaluation.
 From September 2007, it should be obligatory for all of our 1st year0s
students. This year, we are working in partenership with some courses.
You can see a demo on our website http://www.unige.ch/biblio/ses/calis
If you need more info, je suis à votre disposition collègue québecois <:))

At 09:32 07.02.2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>Our university just installed Moodle to replace WebCT as our course
>mangement systems. We (the libraries) were not present in the WebCt
>environment, but now that we've change systems, I was wondering what could
>we do with Moodle ? Does anyone use Moodle (or any couse management system)
>for promoting libraries services ? I found that Carleton College offer theses
>services<https://apps.carleton.edu/campus/library/for_faculty/faculty_working/libe_moodle/integrating_resources/>for
>integrating library resources, is there other ways that we ould use
>Moodle? Do you have some exemples ?
>
>thanks,
>
>Pierre Nault
>Bibliothécaire
>Technologies de l'information, Services des bibliothèques
>Université du Québec à Montréal
>
>--
>What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet?  An organ
>donor.  ~David Perry

Joëlle ANGELOZ
Bibliothèque de sciences économiques et sociales
Université de Genève
Bd. du Pont d'Arve 40 (Uni-Mail)
1211 GENEVE 4
Switzerland