[Web4lib] IM Security

SUSAN HANSEN SUSAN at rochester.lib.mn.us
Tue Mar 6 17:13:22 EST 2007

Rochester Public Library uses Trillian for library to patron chatting. You can turn off the download capability. Our tech hasn't seen any problems with security issues since we've been using it - over 1 year now.
We don't put it out for the public.

Susan Hansen, MA, CIRS,
Librarian
Rochester Public Library
101 2nd Street SE
Rochester MN  55904-3776

susan at rochester.lib.mn.us
www.rochesterpubliclibrary.org
Aim & Yahoo screenname: RPLmnInfo
MSN: reference at rochester.lib.mn.us

blog: http://ripplesblog.blogspot.com

office phone: 507.285.8002
fax: 507.287.1910

>>> "Jami Haskell" <jamihaskell at gmail.com> 3/6/2007 3:48 PM >>>
This is a concern for me as well. I want to make sure that we make it as
easy as possible for people to IM us and not force them to conform to a
client that they don't use.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this question.
I have been taking notes!  I really feel that I will be better prepared to
meet with my systems people later this week to try to push this project
forward.

all the best,
Jami Haskell