[Web4lib] LibDB update

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 18:08:32 EST 2007

Hi folks,

As a project for one of my courses, I have decided to update the Drupal
module LibDB to attempt to come up with a fully-functioning FRBR digital
library implementation.  Obviously this is a very large job, but it is one
that I feel I can commit to over the long term (and not just the duration of
the course.)

As of right now, I've gotten it working (mostly) on Drupal 5, and have been
working on a database model that would fully implement the FRBR 'standard'
as outlined by the original IFLA document.  LibDB was abandoned (or at least
put on the back burner) by its original creator, and much of it is left to
do.

I have a fairly good knowledge of the internals of Drupal, but lack a good
sense of programming practices. (I could do it, but it would a) be a slow
process and b) be inefficient and sloppy code.)  If you're interested in
getting involved in this, feel free to reply to me (on or off-list) and I
will start putting things together.

Cheers,
Andrew