[Web4lib] Vista weirdness

Richard Cox RLCOX rlcox at uncg.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:27:44 EDT 2007

Is it a Novell-based network?

If so, then there is no version of the Novell app launcher/login/etc. that
supports Vista as yet.  This could be the problem.

I run Vista Business with no problems over both wireless and a Windows
network (duh) , but have no access to our wider campus network due to the
above Novell problems.

Richard
Digital Technology Consultant
Electronic Resources & Information Technology
University Libraries, UNC Greensboro
http://library.uncg.edu/

"Dan Lester" <dan at riverofdata.com>
Sent by: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org
06/29/2007 10:21 AM
Please respond to
dan at riverofdata.com

web4lib at webjunction.org
cc

Subject
[Web4lib] Vista weirdness

Lately we've been having more and more users in with Vista laptops of
various brands.

They want to authenticate to our network (using Perfigo/LDAP), but despite
getting a connection, can't authenticate in the library.

What is weird is that they can anywhere else on campus.  As far as we can
tell there is nothing different about the setup of our APs than any others
on campus.

We're stumped, and at least so far the  campus IT Network guys are too.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?  And, yes, they want to get on the
library website, and to databases, etc, so trust this is relevant.

It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you;

it's what you leave behind you when you go.

dan at riverofdata.com

Dan Lester, Boise, Idaho, USA