[Web4lib] Generating html-only e-mail for e-newsletter purposes ?

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:02:29 EDT 2007

Neil Qinlan wrote:
> Rather than requiring the user to manually choose view / html to see
> the html version I'd like to create a mail which defaults to html on
opening
> whatever preferences the user has set locally

As far as I know, there is no way to "force" an email client to display
a message in html.  I've used a fair number of email clients, and I've
never seen one that disobeyed a setting to display all emails as plain
text.

Not to get into the whole html email debate... but if I was using an
email client that did allow an html email to be viewed as html, even
though I changed the settings otherwise, I would be VERY annoyed and
would stop using that email client.

--
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian