[Web4lib] javascript help needed

Andrew amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 27 15:30:02 EDT 2007

For those who don't know, you can load a Javascript error console in
Firefox (and some other Mozilla based browsers like K-Meleon) by typing:

javascript:

in the address bar field. That will load the console in a separate
window and errors will be displayed as each page is loaded. The console
will provide information about what kind of error is occurring and the
line of code where the error is encountered. I've found this to be very
helpful in debugging Javascript code especially when you can't spot the
error just reading through the code. Be warned that it will flag a lot
of stuff that you might not care about (try loadingYahoo's home page to
see 'errors' galore) but it's a quick way to track down small errors.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI