[Web4lib] Re: The Ultimate Debate: Do Libraries Innovate?"

Bill Drew bill.drew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:50:58 EDT 2007

One problem with this type of statement:
"My biggest pet peeve with library technology is MARC records - until the
library world is ready to move to a non-archaic form of data storage, I
doubt that much will improve."

It implies that there is one world wide monolithic group or organization
known as "the library world."  It is much more complicated than that.

--
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
E-mail: bill.drew at gmail.com
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
My Wiki: http://billdrew.pbwiki.com
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog:http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com
Al Gore quoting an African proverb: "If you want to go quickly, go alone.
But if you want to go far, go together."