[Web4lib] Questions for Plone Users

Annie Platoff platoff at library.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 26 17:46:43 EDT 2007

We are hoping to migrate our web site into Plone.  We currently have
static HTML pages and are looking for ways to make the migration easier.

We would love to hear how other libraries have dealt with this type of
migration.  Below is a list of our questions.  Please respond to the
list or to Morgan Cowles (cowles at library.ucsb.edu).  Thanks!

1.  How did you migrate your existing site into Plone?  Was your site
made up of static HTML pages or did you migrate from another CMS?

2.  What kind of documentation do you have for your content creators and
content managers?  Are there any books or guides that you would
recommend related to using Plone?

3.  How many people do you have on your staff dedicated to working with
Plone?

4.  Are you happy with your decision to migrate to Plone?

5.  How do you handle redundancy and backups?  What kind of hardware are
you using for your Plone site?

6.  Have you hired a consultant to set up your Plone site?  If so, would
you recommend them?  Or, is there anyone out there who consults for
these services?