[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Thu Jun 21 08:47:33 EDT 2007

Karen,

I think that the same arguments could be made
about clothing in the real world.  Shoes make feet
look different, suits and tuxes are designed to
make men look better, and various undergarments change
the shape and look of people too.  No one is born
with pierced ears or implants.  Those are all decisions
that people make.  I recall that Napoleon invented
the heel on the shoe to make French soldiers appear
taller and more powerful.

I think it is unfortunate and linear thinking that
we place so much importance on the way people look.
But, it seems to be a hard-wired part of our brains
based on procreation and survival.

In the real world, I think it is hard for people
to change themselves into rabbits without significant
effort and moving into Hefner's mansion.:)

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot
Bristol, Rhode Island