[Web4lib] Joomla Help Please

Malakia Oglesby moglesby at asburyparklibrary.org
Tue Jun 19 13:06:22 EDT 2007

Thanks to all who replied to my questions.

Charlie: I searched through several files trying to find out where I might
include a heading but couldn't find the spot that had "There are no
items..."  But thanks for the help anyway.

Adri: I didn't see anything on joomlainlibrary.com site about what I wanted
to do but I did find other useful information.  Thanks for the link.

Sharon:  Thanks for the complement but I can't take the credit.  We bought
the template from rockettheme.com .  It still isn't exactly what we wanted
but I'm going to use it until I can wrap my brains around Joomla, PHP and
the whole templating process. I'm still a newbie.

Mary Beth:  Thanks for the reply.  --- "It looks like you were trying to
remove the section that shows there by deleting the default content that
ships with Joomla and by getting rid of the title?" --- That's exactly what
I'm trying to do, but I can't find anywhere in any of the files where the
"there are no items to display" output is set.  I may just have to settle
for putting up a small message there in the form of a static page. I really
would like to be able to but a title there though.  I'm still working on it.
Haven't given up yet.

I'll definitely let everyone know how it goes and whether or not I had any
problems with JoomlaPack and the transition.

Thanks again everyone!

Malakia A. Oglesby, Webmaster/MIS
Asbury Park Public Library
Phone: (732) 774-4221