[Web4lib] Easiest way to create a Web GUI for MySQL database?

David Rothman david.rothman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:59:35 EDT 2007

Circumstances:

   - I have Linux Web hosting with PHP and MySQL supported.
   - I have a bunch of tabular data I could turn into a MySQL database
   table pretty quickly, but I really want to make it possible for users to
   search, sort, or filter that table from a Web GUI.

Are there any freeware applications that make creating a Web GUI for a MySQL
database relatively easy for someone with virtually no programming skills
beyond basic knowledge of CSS/XHTML and SQL?  I'm open to installing an
entire freeware CMS if one of them is particularly good at this (or has a
module/add-on that is good at this).

I would be grateful to receive any ideas off-list and would be pleased to
summarize for the list if there is interest.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas you might have,

-David