[Web4lib] Plone

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Jun 11 11:53:04 EDT 2007

As far as capabilities, this is from a reply today on the Zope list:

"There are real-world Zope installation with millions of objects that are
pretty fast."

This was from one of the maintainers of Zope.

Thomas

On Saturday 09 June 2007 07:34, Andrew Hankinson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been given the task of evaluating Plone for a small-to-medium
> size research website.  Having never used it in production, (only
> just playing around with a local demo) I'm not quite sure of its
> capabilities.
>
> Is there anyone out there who uses Plone and likes it?  How does it
> compare to Drupal? (the CMS that I do know).  Any and all thoughts
> would be appreciated!
>
> Andrew

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/