[Web4lib] Podcasts, Flash Players, and the Chipmunks

Andrew Darby darby.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:04:37 EDT 2007

>From here: http://www.1pixelout.net/?page_id=34&cp=11#chipmunk

"The Macromedia Flash player has a problem playing files that are
encoded at a rate that is not a multiple of 11.025 kHz. This effect is
sometimes called the "chipmunk" effect: the file is played at double
speed. To avoid this, encode MP3s at 11.025 kHz 22.050 kHz or 44.100
kHz."

I've run into this same problem, and came across this answer.  Don't
know if it works, since I haven't had a chance to re-encode the files
yet.