[Web4lib] Encoding software for streaming

Lowery, Clint CLowery at coj.net
Thu Jun 7 17:45:28 EDT 2007

Hello all-

Anyone have good advice for a streaming encoding program that would be
free?

What I'm trying to do is set up a streaming presentation of a PSA (we
did get permission to do so) for our website.  I ripped the DVD using
ImToo Ripper Platinum, converting it to a WMV file in the process.  It's
still a bit large, at 73MB for a 8 minute vid, so I still need to work
on the file size.

But what I'm looking to do is get it streaming at 225kb. I thought maybe
Audacity would help, but I'm working on learning that from scratch, so
any advice would be helpful.

TIA!

Clinton Lowery, Librarian
Integrated Library Systems
Jacksonville Public Library
3435 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32277-2464
(904) 744-2265 x 319
clowery at coj.net
http://jpl.coj.net/

Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, e-mail
communications to and from city officials are subject to public
disclosure.