[Web4lib] RE: Flickr

Bonaria Biancu bonariabiancu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 08:58:56 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I don't know if can help. I've made some experiments with Flickr, in
particular with geotagging and links between images and OPACs
(following the example of the great Saint John's Library
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/csbsjulibrary/sets/72157600001313073/>).

You can find an example of both the 'hacks' here:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonaria/524654124/>.
There is a *note* by which you are driven to the bibliographic record
of the book and a *description* that shows the geolocalization of the
library where you can find the item (made with this smart plug-in
<http://tinyurl.com/mn9wt>, but you can also make it by Flickr
itself).

Any suggestion or thought is _very_ appreciated!

Thank you and best regards,

Bonaria

P.S. both the bibliographic record and the geotagged library are only
examples - they're not the _real_ record and library that must be
associated with the book in the photo

Bonaria Biancu
University of Milano-Bicocca - Central Library
Piazza Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126 Milan (Italy)
tel: +39.0264486236

mail: bonariabiancu at gmail.com
blog: http://bonariabiancu.wordpress.com/

Geeky Wunderlich on Second Life