[Web4lib] loading database descriptions into web page

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue Jul 31 08:21:30 EDT 2007

Another example, written in PHP:

the a-z list on this page
http://www.libraries.uc.edu/research/articles/ar_all.php

passes a variable to this page:
http://www.libraries.uc.edu/research/articles/ar.php?rLet=w

Note in the url above, the variable. The code at the top of the second page queries the database to return a recordset, with the variable in the sql statement.

The page then takes the recordset and displays it.

Normally, I would say one would (oversimplifying):

1-create database, or xml data page
2-write script to execute query on that data based on user input
3-write script to display results of #2

Does this help?