[Web4lib] Pushing a page on wireless access

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Tue Jul 24 15:03:55 EDT 2007

You may want to look into a simple captive portal product - nothing
hefty, as it sounds like you don't want to leave it on there, so
pointless to spend too much.  You could use it to push users to your
survey page (surveymonkey or similar) pretty simply.  There are a number
of server-based solutions, as well as simpler solutions.  And yes, some
of them can also give you a count.  Is a count all you need?   A search
on "captive portal" will begin to give you a range of what's available.
I'm afraid I don't have a specific solution for your situation, but this
is a place to start.  I'm sure others will have more specific ideas.
You might also post over on the "libwireless" list.

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library
4000 Mills Civic Pkwy