[Web4lib] Innovation: NYT article onDewey-lessArizona publiclibrary

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:33:52 EDT 2007

How about supplying a stack of Post-It Notes on all the shelves?  Patrons
could write notes and put them on shelf locations, on books, inside books,
whatever.  "The books on this shalf are really great sources on medical
ethics" or "This book is a great overview of the subject" or "This paragraph
is palpably absurd."

Non-destructive, ephemeral marginalia.

I know, it'd be a recipe for chaos.  But if we did this online we'd call it
social networking or Web 2.0 or something.

Stacks 2.0, anyone?

/rich