[Web4lib] Innovative proxy (WAM) and Naxos

kennisonb at wcsu.edu kennisonb at wcsu.edu
Tue Jul 10 12:00:52 EDT 2007

Everyone,

We just subscribed to the Naxos music server and are having trouble getting
the stream through the proxy. We're using the Innovative web access
management module (WAM).

Whats Happening
--------------
You can get to the site fine but when want to play a stream is loads the
player but just can not connect.

What I think is happening
-------------------------
Along with the naxosmusiclibrary.com site we're proxying *.naxos.com. When I
connect from on campus I used netstat to see what I was connecting to. It
looks like they are stream using TCP on port 80 on machine 202.130.166.24.

I did an nslookup on the machine and it doesn't resolve to *.naxos.com. If I
enter that machine's ip directly into the proxy table we connect.

What does this mean
I'm guessing that since it doesn't resolve the proxy server won't connect
and therefore no stream. Does this make sense? Are others of
you have trouble? If so how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance,

--
Brian Kennison
Haas Library