[Web4lib] Google Books a tease, not a useful tool, for serious research

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:38:33 EDT 2007

I did not say I expected perfect results. My concern was that they do
not state that the patent search is cut short at X-number of patents.
I have helped several researchers now that assumed all the patent
results were displayed and proceeded under that poor assumption. They
claim to have ALL U.S. patents from middle of 2006 back (about 7
million patents) and advertise such heavily. But they do no warn
searchers that the "best" 600 are displayed only.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com