[Web4lib] Jake?

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 16 15:44:57 EST 2007

Nancy,

On December 12th of last year, Dan Chudnov sent this message to the Jake lists:
------------------
Hi all.  The site running at jake.med.yale.edu is many years out of
date, with no updates planned.  I've let jake-db.* expire.  I think
it's time to shut down all of these.

Believe me, if things had bounced differently a few times, I'd have
loved to see this project thriving still.  There's still a need for
it in some ways, as continued usage indicates.  But I'm not in a
position to work on it today, and don't expect to be soon, and what's
there now is becoming more of a liability than it's worth.

So... I'm planning to shut down the service currently running at
jake.med.yale.edu as of the end of January, 2007.

The data (however out of date today) is still available should
anybody want a copy.  If you do, please contact me off-list and I'll
set you up.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get this going again.  Thanks for sticking
around this long.

  -Dan

You can evidently still get Jake data from OCLC Openly:
http://www.openly.com/jake/

-Ross.