[Web4lib] LITA IRSIG Business Meeting at Mid-Winter

Yu, Holly HYu3 at exchange.calstatela.edu
Wed Jan 10 20:15:30 EST 2007

You are cordially invited to attend LITA Internet Resources and Services
Interest Group business meeting held on Saturday, January 20, from 10:30
am - 12:30 pm at the Hyatt Wine Cellar.

Agenda:

1. Introduction

2. Summary of IRSIG purpose and recent activities

3. IRSIG program for ALA Annual Conference 2007:

Title: The Ultimate Debate: From Libraries without Wall to Libraries
Everywhere: The Future of the Library Web Presence

compete with search engines, social spaces and virtual worlds for
attention? Is it enough to maintain our own websites or are we better
served by branching out to where the users are? If so, can we maintain
our reputation as a safe social community space virtually? And how might
it effect our physical spaces and services? Find out at this year's
Ultimate Debate!

Speakers: Roy Tennant, Stephen Abram, Joe Janes and Karen Schneider

Tentative debate questions will be provided at the meeting for
discussion and input.

4. IRSIG program for ALA Annual Conference 2008: topic suggestions

5. Communication

LITA-IRSIG

Website: LITA site --> Interest Groups --> IRSIG

Listserv:
http://www.ala.org/ala/lita/litamembership/litaigs/internetresource/disc
ussionlist.htm

6. Election of Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect for 2007-2008

Holly Yu, LITA IRSIG Chair

Library Web Administrator / Reference Librarian

University Library

5151 State University Dr.

Los Angeles, CA 90032

Tel: (323) 343-4993