[Web4lib] Can you recommend training for newbie?

Stevens, Julieanne H. jhsteven at law.stetson.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:22:26 EST 2007

Probably the easiest thing to do is start looking at a lot of other,
similar libraries' web pages and try to get an idea of what your boss is
looking for and what those pages involve.

I'd recommend starting with Webmonkey  (http://www.webmonkey.com/ ) for
ideas of exactly what you need to learn.    Check out what's involved
with the web pages your boss likes and then see if you can find the
tutorials through webmonkey.   What I've discovered is that actual
courses are frequently either over my head or too  specific. A one or
two day seminar has offered me as much help as an intensive course.

We frequently need to be   Nancy Pearls of all trades ;)

Jules

Julieanne Hartman Stevens, MLS, JD
Electronic Services and Reference Librarian
Stetson University College of Law
1401 61st Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707-3299
Direct Line 727-562-7304
Internal Extension 7204
JHSteven at law.stetson.edu

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading
them. " Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky