[Web4lib] Audiobooks for iPods?

Tom Klingler tk at kent.edu
Wed Jan 3 08:48:00 EST 2007

Project Gutenberg does ebooks and audio books for iPod.

AUDIO BOOKS:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:The_Audio_Books_Project

EBOOKS:
iPod eBook Creator for iPod Notes:
http://www.ambience.sk/ipod-ebook-creator/ipod-book-notes-text-conversion.php

iPod ebook guide:
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/make_ebooks_for.html

---------

Also, audiobooks.org has audiobooks that are MP3:
http://www.audiobooks.org/

A post on techniques for audiobooks on iPods:
http://aldoblog.com/audiobooks/

Another vendor of audiobooks for iPod
http://www.audiobooksforfree.com/screen_main.asp

Another vendor of audiobooks for iPod
http://www.freeclassicaudiobooks.com/

Libraries lending iPods with audiobooks:
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66756,00.html

Some books and book tools for iPod:
http://www.tucows.com/Windows/PDA/IPod/Multimedia/AudioBooks/

A utility for making ebooks into audiobooks:
http://www.nextup.com/TextAloud/audio-books.html

A vendor of audiobooks for the iPod:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/audiobooks.html

The only thing in my post that I can provide a testimonial for is
Project Gutenberg.  I haven't used any of the rest of this stuff.  But
it's on mine and my son's list of things to look at for his iPod.....

Tom Klingler
Kent State

--
Tom Klingler
Assistant Dean for Systems & Technical Services