[Web4lib] Audiobooks for iPods?

Amy Ostrom amostrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:43:16 EST 2007

Dear Bob and Web4Libbers:

>From what I can tell, you can only purchase audiobooks for an iPod through
the iTunes store.  I do not think they offer an organization rate, does
anyone else know?

As far as iPod compatibility, this rests solely on the hands of Apple and
its unwillingness to share DRMs (or its security software) with other
vendors.  If you use Apple (aka iPod), you have to go completely Apple
essentially.  We get a handful of upset patrons weekly (and a dozen
questions daily in general for audiobooks) regarding why "we" don't support
iPod.  Unfortunately, it is the other way around.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, aside from boycotting Apple until
their ears bleed?  I, and the rest of my library, would be happy for a
solution.

--

In peace,

Amy M Ostrom