[Web4lib] Corporate logos on library websites?

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:56:54 EST 2007

As others have stated it's not much different then some of the
physical things. However, as a user I'd prefer that they not be overly
distracting and ideally would be on a sponsors page which could be
linked to from all pages instead of logos scattered throughout.

If you decide to put them anywhere then my only suggestion may be to
think out some guidelines about size and level of sponsorship for
various placements. Maybe I'm cynical but I think if you don't have
some sort of rules then you might end up with everyone that has ever
given to the library trying to get a giant banner on the homepage for
their cause. Setting some constraints, or maybe even rotations, could
help make it more manageable. Having an area on your homepage or other
pages for sponsors that rotates the logos with each visit might be
compromise that pleases both patrons and sponsors.

Just some ideas, I've been lucky enough not to have to implement such a thing.

Ryan Eby