[Web4lib] The Wikipedia Gotcha -- a cosmic perspective

Marion Sumerianlibrarian marionsumerianlibrarian at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 10:02:30 EST 2007

Mike,

your point is so very, very true!

yet this is a point that has been made quite a few
times on the web4lib list -- as well as at innumerable
other sites and in a wide variety of formats.

it almost seems as if no one follows the wiki thread
even one or two steps back, never mind incorporating
the points that have been made (hashed and re-hashed),
before posting a consummately elegant response on
web4lib.

the issue for me becomes: how could we then proceed
with an organized discussion of the wikipedia
phenomenon, and all of the interesting questions and
new information to the table, and moves the discussion
forward in productive, possibly creative way?

would a wiki, or a blog, be an appropriate forum for
extending this discussion among information
organization professionals and students aspiring to
the profession?

marion s