[Web4lib] L2 oh yahoo pipes

David Rothman david.rothman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:26:06 EST 2007

Hi Bonaria-

That's a great idea for an application of Pipes' set of features! Building
on that idea, I've made a variation on it.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/Ooj1ZV_52xGC1fJK0kqv4w
Feed: http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/Ooj1ZV_52xGC1fJK0kqv4w/run?_render=rss

This version has some additional sources.  I noticed the filtering for
uniqueness by URL limited the output to only seven results, so I filtered
instead by link and description instead.  I removed the union and the
site-specific yahoo search because that content is already indexed by three
other sources in the Fetch module.  I also removed the Content Analysis
module because its output wasn't being utilized.  Lastly, I put the sorting
module at the end.

My biggest complaint about Pipes is that it is very fussy about feed URLs.
Some more complex search-generated feed from LibWorm give Pipes indigestion,
but many can be massaged into working.

Best,

-David

http://davidrothman.net