[Web4lib] Phishing exploits in emails

Francis Kayiwa kayiwa at uic.edu
Wed Feb 7 18:29:22 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Drew, Bill wrote:

>  I am beginning to wonder if we as possibly more sophisticated web
> users
> and managers need to make an effort to notify the owners of websites
> about such exploits originating from their webserver?  I think I
> will do
> that when I can.

Methinks you will spend the rest of your life doing this and not even
crack the tip of the iceberg. With statistics like this

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=172303265

it is more important for companies to hire good sys-admins. It is
trivial to install and setup a webserver etc., the devil is in
securing it and many an organization doesn't understand this or it is
not impressed upon them.

Like they say "if my grandmother was a bus we'd all go for a ride" :-)

regards,
./fxk