[Web4lib] remote access patron authen.

Cloutman, David DCloutman at co.marin.ca.us
Thu Dec 27 14:04:06 EST 2007

You can pretty much do this with any proxy server, depending on your
cataloging software. EZ Proxy, as Dan Lester mentioned is popular
amongst librarians. I am currently looking into Squid, which is Open
Source, and can use plugin authentications scripts written in any
language. An example in PHP can be found in this article.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/authentication_with_squid

I have written a PHP class for doing authenticaiton against Innovative
records using the patron API. I would be happy to share my code with you
if you are interested.

- David

---
David Cloutman <dcloutman at co.marin.ca.us>