[Web4lib] Re: Meebo and Trillian integration?

Derik Badman dbadman at temple.edu
Wed Dec 19 12:28:52 EST 2007

Brian,

We use Aim's Wimzi widgets which interact directly with any IM
program that works with AIM. From there, most IM desktop programs
will keep stats/transcripts for you. And AIM does along multiple
logins at once.

On Dec 19, 2007, at 12:00 PM, web4lib-request at webjunction.org wrote:

> We are looking at putting the Meebo widget on our home page to enable
> anyone (especially those without IM accounts) to IM the reference
> desk.
> Currently we use Trillian for IM and can see an incoming IM from
> multiple computer locations at once. This does not seem to be the case
> with Meebo on its own.
>
> First, is there a way to integrate Meebo (or a similar service) into
> our existing Trillian setup so that we can just treat it as an
> additional account and continue to use Trillian?=20
>
> If that isn't possible, does anyone have an existing IM setup that
> allows:
>
> IMs from people who do not have an IM account
> Alerts/Responses from multiple computers at once
> Usage stats/records
> Ability to keep transcripts

> Brian J. Lind

Derik A. Badman
Digital Services Librarian
Reference Librarian for Education and Social Administration
Temple University Libraries
Paley Library 121
Philadelphia, PA
Phone: 215-204-5250
Email: dbadman at temple.edu
AIM: derikbad

"Some people cry out against the acceleration of time, others cry out
against stagnation. They're both right." -Henri Lefebvre