[Web4lib] WIKIPEDIA is now politically correct to use as a reference resource

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Sun Dec 9 10:40:56 EST 2007

  B.G. Sloan writes, regarding

  http://whygive.wikimedia.org/2007/12/07/can-you-trust-wikipedia/

> Remember that this was a study of the German-language Wikipedia
> and a German encyclopedia. I've heard that Wikimedia Deutschland
> has pretty high standards.

  Probably a better quality standard than the "Stern" magazine,
  which published the study ;-) Remember, that magazine
  published the presumed Hitler's diaries.

  Brockhaus, the encyclopedia, are pissed off because the
  comparison was made against their online edition, which only
  has a fraction of the print edition.

http://news.google.com/news?ned=de&hl=de&ned=de&q=wikipedia+brockhaus&btnG=News-Suche

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel