[Web4lib] One Web Day

Max Anderson maxlibris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:37:27 EDT 2007

I really like this idea - I wish that Sept. 22 didn't fall on a weekend
though - I'll have to come up with a creative idea.

Max Anderson
SOLINET

__________________
Message: 14
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:52:46 -0500
From: Leo Robert Klein <leo at leoklein.com>
Subject: [Web4lib] OneWebDay (9/22) - Any Plans?
To: Web4lib at webjunction.org

[sorry for cross-posting]

OneWayDay is coming up in a month (Sat. 9/22) and it seems like
something that might interest librarians:

"The essence of OneWebDay is to create a global constituency that thinks
of itself as responsible for the future of the internet, so that when
negative things happen (censorship, restricted access, heavy-handed law
enforcement control) people will act."  http://www.onewebday.org/?p=228

One of the main organizers is Susan Crawford who's quite an impressive
authority on telecommunications and net neutrality.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had anything planned.  (FWIW, my own
plans include taping some faculty/staff/students at UIC on how the Web
has changed their lives and then putting the thing up on YouTube.)

You can read more about the event at: http://www.onewebday.org

LEO