[Web4lib] javascript flyouts

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:03:30 EDT 2007

For CSS only, if you don't want to rely on JavaScript (except for an IE6 lack of support), I use a variation on Nick Rigby's "dropdown3" example for our staff intranet navigational menu.  The problems you may face with many or some of these examples are viewport issues.  If a navigational item "flies out" or "drops down" outside of the visible area, you can't always access it.  There are also issues when JavaScript isn't enabled in (or compatible with) the browser being used.  This is why I recommend the previous link I suggested - however, there are many solutions out there, some may be more beneficial to you than others.  Good luck!

http://www.nickrigby.com/examples/

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library