[Web4lib] CAN LIBRARIES BE SOURCE OF CONTAMINATION?

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Aug 22 12:26:37 EDT 2007

Personal anecdote:

My father was a virologist, and worked especially with the flu virus and
Aids viruses. He worked with Nobel Prize winners (including one who
developed polio vaccine). He said that over use of soaps and sanitizers
to destroy germs could (to somehwat oversimplify) result in superbugs,
as well as mutations. He did encourage us to wash our hands and such,
but, as you said in your statement, a little exposure was not
necessarily a bad thing.

FWIW...

Lisa Pons-Haitz
University of Cincinnati