[Web4lib] Reservation Software

Thad Guidry thadguidry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:26:54 EDT 2007

I can attest that SAM software from Comprise is not very friendly and takes
months and months of tweaking by them to make their software flow smoothly
with how you envision it should work.  I use the word Envision because
Envisionware is what we will be moving to.  We were never happy with SAM's
security and also on hindsight should have gone with a print release station
as other libraries do.  Too many copies of private information printed have
walked off with patrons complaining.  A print release station that can queue
up the jobs for the entire day if need be for a particular patron and then
pay for them with cash or credit and print them is the perfect system for
us.

- Thad
Nicholson Memorial Library System
Garland, TX