[Web4lib] learning fireworks

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Thu Apr 26 17:41:59 EDT 2007

Raumin "Ray" Dehghan wrote:
 > Dear Web4lib colleagues:
 >
 >   I am learning Fireworks, the graphic editor, and I have a question:
 >
 > When you make an image smaller, you get a checkered black-and-white
 > background from the remaining space (where your image used to be).
 >
 > Could somebody tell me how to resize that actual checkered space, that
 > original space that the graphic used to occupy?
 >
 >   If anybody knows the answer to this, I would appreciate it.

First, Fireworks is a great program.  I use it all the time and I hope
Adobe's smart enough to continue with it -- not always a given though a
new version has just been issued as part of Adobe's Creative Suite 3.

Now on to the question, to resize the entire image go to:
MODIFY/CANVAS/IMAGE SIZE

Another more interactive way to do this is to go to:
MODIFY/TRANSFORM/FREE TRANSFORM (i.e. CRTL or APPLE 'T')

Then reduce the image with the corner handles and -- this is very
important -- go to:
EDIT/CROP DOCUMENT

Poof voila, as the French say.

LEO